Skip navigation


 You would be hard pressed to find higher quality cedar strips any where else in North America, not to mention our pricing. At “Totem Strips” you really get more than you pay for. The photos below are accurate indications colour wise of what we mill on a regular basis.


Hard pressed


Our stock is all air- dried ”Old growth” tight vertical grain cedar.  All our Cedar strips are in bundles of  10 or 20 strips.  Each strip in every bundle is the same length and the same colour.  Western Red Cedar varies in colour from light to medium to dark. Our standard strip packages include up to 25% dark strips with the remaining being medium in colour. If you wish to have a package which contains all dark there is a 25% surcharge on the remaining 75% of the package. Simply specify your colour preference at time of order and depending upon available stock we will put a custom package together for you. 

HOWEVER , If you wish to have a cedar strip package all dark at no additional cost, we can make up the difference with all dark “TalonGrip” strips, in your order. You may also just order a complete “TalonGrip” package. 

All strips are guaranteed completely free of any sap, knots, and run out. Our strips are “top of the pole” when it comes to grain quality and precision in machining. You will find no feather edges and each cove is generous in depth providing positive interlocking and maximum rotation with no misalignment between bead and cove whatsoever.




No matter which way you look at them our machining is second to none. If you wish to see more close-up simply click on the photo. You can see that  “Totem Strips” clearly sets standards.




Proper lighting and extensive bundling benches allow us to properly sort and colour match bundles. With our large inventory of 1/4″ x 3/8″,1/2″,5/8″ and 3/4″ strips we are able to fill any request.




Colour-wise our strips are right off the chart! You would be hard pressed find better anywhere else.

So, for those of you looking to build a dark boat, look no further, as Steven Peters confirms it with his awesome Redbird. Now that’s dark!

“Hey this is Steven Peters. I just wanted to share with you a few photos of my finished Bear Mountain Redbird with dark ceder that I ordered from you guys a year ago.
I was really Impressed with the quality of the strips, thank you! “